Saturday, February 13, 2010

Coach...

I decided a couple of weeks ago to take this thing to a new level and get a Tri Coach. A lot of good people out there with great qualifications and motivations. It wasn't easy to find someone that would fit my personality type and mirror my holistic view of the sport and training. Fortunately, Grant Molyneux agreed to talk about an approach for this years races and I liked his style.

I had already signed up for Grant's Total Immersion swimming course and I really enjoy it. It made natural sense to extend our relationship to the other aspects of the sport.

Grant and I spent a long time talking about "how I got here", what motivated me and the parameters within which I live my life and approach Tri's. With that, we put together a sustainable training plan with KEY workouts and fillers to help me acheive my goals. He also recommended a great book called "Breakthrough Triathlon Training" by Brad Kearns. After reading the first bit of the book, it really is resonating with me. A balanced, holistic approach to training and approaching the sport. I highly recommend it.

DT

1 comment:

  1. Getting a coach is a huge step up in commitment. When you work out to your own plan it's really, really easy to modify your plan in your mind to conform with reality. But once a coach gives you the program, there it is in black and white. I took a running class from Grant and really enjoyed it, learned a lot. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete